Indian Doctors Treated Cancer off this Iraqi Girl

It all started in the year 2014, initially I was just facing some mild symptoms like paleness, mild pains, feeling of nausea then with time I become yellow with severe pain shooting down the left shoulder to my arm and then one day I observed swelling in my limbs and abdomen.  That day I decided to finally see the doctor. 
Indians Doctors at a Rescue of the Iraqi Girl
Trust me being diagnosed with the disease that you haven’t even heard about is one of the scariest things. I was just 21 years old when I was told by the Iraqi doctors that I was suffering from the rare genetic disorder called Budd Chiari Syndrome. We were completely skeptic about this disorder also nobody in our surroundings has even ever heard about it. The doctors just told us that it is the condition in which blood clots prevented the flow of blood to the liver and outflow from the liver to the heart.  We were going through a lot of confusion and trauma nothing was clear. We went to every top doctor in Iraq and tried everything we could. However, no doctor wanted to take the risk of operating on me. After trying so hard and getting no results I almost lost all my hopes. I knew that I was gradually moving towards death and that feeling haunted me every day. 

One fine day one of my cousins visited me. He told us that I must consider going to India for getting the treatment of my disease. Initially, my parents were not really convinced with the idea. They were very reluctant to take this step as they were worried about the outcome of the treatment and the cost involved. However, when they realized that this is their last ray of hope they decided to get my diseases treated from India

I always heard stories about the medical services of India but as here my life was concerned I was bit nervous. When I reached one of the best hospitals in India I was stunned at its infrastructure. After the experiencing the facilities of the Hospitals and meeting Dr. Vivek Vij a new level of confidence infused in me.  In a very simple manner, he explained to me that it is a disorder in which the blockage may occur anywhere from the small and large veins that carry blood from the liver (hepatic veins) to the inferior vena cava (that takes the blood back to the heart). The IVC drains fluid out of the liver too.  There was the blockage in my hepatic vein which obstructed the outflow, as a result, my liver was gradually "dying".  He told me that I require a donor for the liver transplant treatment.  Tests were undertaken to determine the matching donor. Finally, my brother was the one to become the donor. A part of the liver was taken from him and transplanted into me.

After series of my medical examination finally the day of the surgery arrived on that day I was filled with mixed emotions of excitement and apprehension.  As a woman, one of my biggest concerns was the scar of such an opening that would be left on my chest.  I was given anesthesia due to which I went to deep sleep. After approximately 18 hours I opened my eyes and my mother was standing in front of me with tears in eyes. I was told that my operation was successful and there is no scar on chest.  That was the most overwhelming moment of my life.

I thank Dr. Vivek Vij, Director, Liver Transplant, FMRI and his team wholeheartedly for saving my life. Apart from the quality of treatment, the cost of liver treatment charged in India was very less. I truly believe that the best cancer hospital in India and the doctors are the magicians who can treat every kind of liver disease.

Read more posts: - Top most common male urology problems in the world

Related Posts

No comments: